Views: 18 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-22 Origin: Site
As is known to all, the normal development of international trade and logistics has been disrupted by the epidemic.The demands of China’s export market is very strong now but there are also many problems in maritime market at the same time.
Freight forwarders are facing the following problems:
such as shortage of containers, full shipping space, containers rejection, higher and higher ocean freight and so on.
Maersk (Greater China Region) informed a customer advisory on 17th Nov.2020, as following:
We have concluded the following information from the customer advisory.
1. The current development of world economy and trade and the operation of supply chain have been affected and challenged by unprecedented factors, and shipping companies have been looking for solutions.
2. For ships and containers entering from ports outside China, it may take longer to complete the quarantine inspection of berthing at ports.
3. The congestion of ports outside China makes the punctuality rate of all routes unstable.(Not on-schedule berthing/departure cannot be controlled by the forwarders)
4. As many countries are experiencing the second outbreak of the epidemic, it is estimated that the shortage of empty containers will continue several months.
5. Export booking at Chinese ports has to face cancellation of booking and delay of shipment due to shortage of containers.
6. Shipping companies are also doing their best to meet customers' demand for stability of marine service.
In above, we can see that the peak season has arrived, shortage of empty containers, the higher ocean freight and full shipping space are to be continued···
If you think the freight rate is veryyyy~ high now,but you will find that it will be higher and higher and higher in next month! Here give you some Price Increase Newsof shipping companies
(1) General Rates Incerase:
(2) Peak Season Surchage Update:
So it’s the real world. If you have goods that you want to ship by sea, it's better to ship them early to avoid higher freight costs.
In the face of the negative impact ofthe epidemic, no one is an outsider, we have to face it together! Come on!